• Equal Opportunities
How we collect your personal data
Your personal data may be collected by us in several ways, including:
• through our provision of services to you, your employer or the organisation you represent;
• during the course of dealings with you for or on behalf of a client;
• when you provide us with information in relation to your attendance at any hosted events;
• when you contact us, for example, to enquire about our services or to apply for a job;
• when we collect publicly available information about you or your business (including through electronic data sources); and
• when we collect your personal data from our clients, consultants, suppliers and other advisers.
The type of personal data that we may collect
The categories of your personal data that we may collect includes the following:
• Contact details (including names, postal addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers);
• Professional information such as job titles, previous roles, and professional experience and qualifications;
• Where you provide the information to us, information concerning your interests both business and personal;
• Where you provide it to us, sensitive personal data such as health and ethnicity data. For example, in your application for employment with us. For more information see below.
Use of personal information
We process personal information about you for the following purposes:
• To provide you with information and services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you as permitted under applicable law;
• To improve the content and methods of delivery of our website;
• To maintain and develop our relationship with you;
• For research, planning, service development, security or risk management;
• To carry out services we have agreed to provide to you;
• To allow you to use or access secure areas of our website;
• To help us monitor our commitment to equality and diversity and to consider your application to join us;
• To comply with legal and professional obligations;
• To disclose your information as set out below.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. When we collect contact information from you (for example, when you provide us with your business card or when you are the person instructing us on behalf of your employer), we may add your details to our contacts database and to our mailing lists. You can exercise the right at any time by sending us an email to email@example.com.
Transfer and use of your personal information
We may allow JCA’s employees access to your information, or parts of it or our service providers required to obtain the services we need to operate our business.
We do not sell on or rent out the information collected via our website, or otherwise provided to us.
We may disclose your information to third parties in the following circumstances:
• We are under a legal, regulatory or professional obligation to do so (for example, in order to comply with anti-money laundering requirements);
• You have consented to us sharing your information in this way;
• It is relevant in the circumstances to disclose the information to our website service providers such as hosting, storage fulfilment and disaster recovery, subject to appropriate technical systems and on a limited use basis only;
• If we believe your use of our website has violated or may violate any law, regulation or if we believe you are or may be a threat to safety, security, property, interests or rights of us or others;
• If we use a third party service provider to provide services that involve data processing, translation, technology, research, banking and payment, client contact, data entry and processing, litigation support, marketing and security services and other similar services;
• In order to investigate or respond to or resolve problems or inquiries or defend our interests (including, but not limited to, professional indemnity insurers, brokers, auditors and other professional advisors).
JCA, and some of the third parties with whom we share information, may be located outside your country or the country from which the data is provided. Those countries to which your data may be transferred may not have well developed data protection legislation. However, for the processing of your data we will at all times ensure a data protection level equal to the one in the European Economic Area.
Using the internet to collect and process personal information necessarily involves the transmission of information on an international basis. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; any transmission is at your own risk. Although we do our best to protect personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to this web site or otherwise sent to us electronically. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If you are an employee and/or have a username and password and suspect that someone else may be using them, you should stop using both and notify us immediately.
It is our policy to virus check documents and files before they are posted on any website. However, we cannot guarantee that documents or files downloaded from our website will be free from viruses and we do not accept any responsibility for any damage or loss caused by any virus. For your own protection, you should use virus-checking software when using our website. You must not post or provide to us via any website any document or file which you believe may contain a virus. You must virus check any document or file which you intend to post or provide to us via any website.
Access to, updating and correcting your information
If you would like to request a copy of your information or would like to change the information we hold about you, please contact us.
We want to ensure that your information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your email address or name, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to your JCA contact or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. If not, you can contact the Information Commissioner at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113 for further information about your rights and how to make a formal complaint.